Technology has become an integral part in virtually all aspects of education, broadly covering curriculum planning, content development and delivery, assessment, programme evaluation and communication among learners, instructors and institutions. The International Conference on Technology in Education (ICTE) aims to serve as a platform for relevant academic exchanges across higher education institutions, focusing especially on sharing of good practices and results from studies.
In conventional universities, open learning institutions as well as continuing education organizations, technology has become an irreversible force driving changes and transforming practices. New approaches, methods, procedures and tools are emerging and therefore to contribute as a timely academic platform. The theme of ICTE 2014 is Transforming Educational Practices with Technology.
We sincerely welcome administrators, teaching staff, researchers and persons involved in higher education to participate in this event. ICTE 2014 is co-organized by the Open University of Hong Kong (OUHK), the School of Professional and Continuing Education of the University of Hong Kong (HKU SPACE), and Caritas Institute of Higher Education (CIHE).
Papers are welcome on topics relevant to the conference theme of "Transforming Educational Practices with Technology". These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Blended learning in practices
- Mobile learning and ubiquitous learning
- Use of social media for learning
- Computer supported collaborative learning
- Intelligent tutoring and advising systems
- Learning platforms and content management systems
- Massive open online courses
- Institutional policies on technology-enhanced learning
- Knowledge management through technology
- Educational administration through technology